Quick News for Palm OS
Select Your System
Quick News for Palm OS compatible devices:
- Garmin iQue 3200
- Garmin iQue 3600
- IBM Workpad c500
- IBM Workpad c505
- Kyocera Smartphone 7135
- Palm i705
- Palm LifeDrive
- Palm m125
- Palm m130
- Palm m500
- Palm m505
- Palm m515
- Palm TX
- Palm Z22
- Samsung SPH-i500
- Sony CLIE N Series
- Sony CLIE NR Series
- Sony CLIE NX Series
- Sony CLIE NZ Series
- Sony Clie PEG-N610C
- Sony CLIE SJ Series
- Sony CLIE SL Series
- Sony CLIE T Series
- Sony CLIE TG Series
- Sony CLIE TH55
- Sony CLIE TJ Series
- Sony CLIE UX Series
- Sony CLIE VZ90
- Symbol SPT 1800
- Tapwave Zodiac
- Tapwave Zodiac 2
- Treo 600
- Treo 650
- Treo 680
- Treo 700p
- Treo 755p
- Treo 90
- Tungsten C
- Tungsten E
- Tungsten E2
- Tungsten T
- Tungsten T2
- Tungsten T3
- Tungsten T5
- Tungsten W
- Zire 21
- Zire 31
- Zire 71
- Zire 72
Need additional information? Check out the Quick News for Palm OS manual!
"The best way I've come across to organize and read RSS feeds on your Palm."
"How can podcast be the killer content for the Palm and what should be the killer app? I've got two words - Quick News."
RSS newsfeeds are the newest way to download and read news stories on a variety of subjects, from all over the internet.
Quick News for Palm OS allows you to download these news feeds either via a HotSync, or using a direct internet connection on your Palm Powered Handheld and read them later!
Use it to keep updated with the latest news, sports and financial updates as well as read your favorite websites!
Quick News is the latest iteration of our Handheld Headlines/RSS software, and includes the following new features:
- Support for embedded images
- Enhanced navigation options
- Flexible UI
- Attachment support
- Large feed (> 64k) support
- Podcast support and management
- Automatic updates and podcast downloads
- Customizable shortcuts
- Proxy support
- Advanced search capabilities
- Ability to find new feeds by keyword
- Improved OPML import and support
- Support for external storage cards
- Ability to bulk mail flagged articles
Quick News v.1.2 is now available! v.1.2 includes:
- A podcast manager for better podcast browser and management
- Inline image support via direct-to-device downloading
- Basic authentication support for password-protected feeds
- Battery & signal strength icons added
- Improved ATOM support
- Refined UI makes reading and managing feeds a breeze
- BBC News
- Boing Boing
- CNet News
- The Register
- and many more!
Additionally, you can add any new feeds quickly and easily! For a searchable list of RSS feeds to add, visit Syndic8.
Need the pnoJpeg library, or getting prompted to download 'pnoJpegLib'? Download and install this file so you can view images on your internet-enabled handheld.
"There is NOTHING better than Quicknews. It has Podcast support now, so it will AUTOMATICALLY download your podcasts from RSS feed and store it on your SD card. It will AUTOMATICALLY download and store the IMAGES from your RSS feeds. It works in conjunction with your media player, like Pocket Tunes, so you tell Quicknews to play your podcasts in Pocket Tunes and wahla!
You can set it to update at anytime, day or night - so have it update all your feeds in the middle of the night, download your podcasts and you're set!
You can even IMPORT AND EXPORT .opml files TO it and FROM it!
We have discontinued Handheld Headlines/RSS, and now are supporting Quick News. If you would like to upgrade to Quick News for Palm OS you can do so freely as your Hand/RSS registration code will register Quick News. If you'd prefer to continue using Hand/RSS, feel free to download it.
- v.1.26 - Current release version. Released on September 21, 2007. This version features minor image display bug fixes.
Released on August 28, 2007.
This version features:
- Improved image handling
- Updated HTML support
- Better 5-way navigation
- and many bug fixes!
Released on June 07, 2006.
This version includes the following fixes & changes:
- Added better support for accented characters
- Added support for web compressors (Skweezer, etc.)
- Update frequencies are now OFF by default
- Added TCPMP support for podcasts
- Import/Export XML screens now have menus
- Fixed updating problem with "Update All" that previously caused some feeds to be skipped
- Fixed several problems with mailing flagged articles
- Fixed problem downloading specific filetypes
- Fixed a bug that occurred when parsing very large articles (> 32k)
- v.1.22 - Released on December 07, 2005. This version features minor bug fixes.
- v.1.21 - Released on November 26, 2005. This version fixes a bug that caused Quick News to only download one feed at a time, and also addresses a problem handling empty feeds.
- v.1.2 - Released on November 23, 2005. This version includes podcast management, inline image support, basic authentication support for password-protected feeds and more.
- v.1.1 - Released on May 24, 2005. This version includes automatic podcast downloading, support for external storage cards, improved XML parsing, better attachment handling, better mail client support, new icons, and much more.
- v.1.08 - Released on April 06, 2005. This release contains new email features (improved formatting, includes link, title, and feed name), better image handling, new menu shortcuts, minor interface tweaks and additional bug fixes.
- v.1.06 - Released on March 30, 2005. Features numerous bug fixes.
- v.1.05 - Released on March 15, 2005. This version includes added support for additional ATOM feeds, included support for MPlayer and streaming, and numerous tweaks and fixes.
- v.1.04 - Released on February 18, 2005. Features a fix for SnapperMail users.
- v.1.03 - Released on February 17, 2005. This version featured improved HTML rendering, simplified OPML importing and support for MMPlayer when playing podcasts.
- v.1.01 - Released on February 14, 2005. Initial release version.
Latest beta version
- v.1.28b2 (build 1413) - Released on June 03, 2008. This version features minor bug fixes.